The USC Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice (OTFP) offers a variety of programs in Lifestyle Redesign®, an innovative, cutting-edge approach developed by the USC Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, ranked number one occupational therapy school in eight of last 10 years.
The OTFP has developed a Lifestyle Redesign® program specifically aimed to assist Spine Center patients suffering with back pain or other ailments associated with spine.
Specific services offered in this program include:
- Customized routine of health promoting behaviors and habits that create and protect spine health
- Behavioral health change strategies to address successful recovery, risk factors for re-injury, pain management and program adherence
- Psychosocial health and wellbeing including relaxation training, stress management, time management and energy use/conservation analysis
- Task and ergonomic analysis of patient’s direct environment, activities and routines
- Home and/or worksite visit(s) as needed
- Adaptive equipment evaluation and training
- Mental health services for dual diagnosis patients
- Physical rehabilitation for functional goals
- Weight management and/or smoking cessation treatments when appropriate